School Closing Guidelines
Determining whether school is open or closed seems simple. In reality it is neither simple nor simplistic. Closing school is always a touchy subject with students, parents and employees. Knowing some of the facts will at least help everyone understand why District 113A doesn't miss much school due to inclement weather.
The Superintendent is responsible for the decision as to when school is open or closed due to inclement weather, emergencies or during the time when students are present or not. What makes closing schools difficult are the circumstances surrounding the decision. The Superintendent uses the safety of the students and employees as the first priority. But that is not the only criteria.
Should you have any questions about this, please contact your school principal or the superintendent's office at your earliest convenience.
Where to find more information about school closings
School Closing Information:
- District 113 A Web page - www.sd113a.org
- Emergency School Closings Web site - www.EmergencyClosing.com
- Sign up for personalized e-mail notification of your school's status at www.EmergencyClosing.com
- Any Chicago TV Station, Channels 2, 5, 7, 9, or 32 or your local cable system
- Radio Stations WGN AM 720 or WBBM AM 780
For Weather information:
School Information Via the Phone:
- (630) 257-2286 Listen to the phone message