In compliance with Illinois state law, all students participating in any interscholastic sport at Old Quarry Middle School must have a current Sports Physical on file. These are the requirements for our policies:
- A sports physical is required for any student participating on an athletic team.
- Sports physicals are good for 395 days from the date of examination and cannot expire at any time during the duration of the sport.
- Only the following forms will be accepted:
- IHSA Physical Form
- State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form
Please note: if your child is considering participating in any sports during the school year, it is recommended that he/she have a Sports Physical during the summer months to cover him/her for the entire school year.
Students will not be allowed to try out or practice for their particular sport without having all of the proper forms filled out and approved by our school nurse, Michelle Iazzetto, RN. If you have any questions, you can contact her at (630)257-2286 ext. 4102.
The new sports physical form can be found on the website under the Health Services tab. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation in helping us comply with these policies.
Procedures for Sports Physicals
- Sports physicals are valid for 395 days from the date of examination.
- The 395 day validity period cannot expire at any time during the duration of the sport in which your child is involved.
- It is recommended that your child undergoes the physical after June 1st to cover the entire next school year.