Lemont-Bromberek Combined School District 113A
2017-2018 Registration for Current Students
Families who have children entering 3rd and/or 6th grade for the 2017-2018 school year must provide proof of residency:
Oakwood (for incoming 3rd grade) and River Valley (for incoming 6th grade) will be accepting proof of residency May 1 through May 19 during the hours 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Proof of residency will also be conducted for incoming 3rd grade and incoming 6th grade on two Wednesdays in May (May 10 and 17) from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at Old Quarry Middle School.
Please bring the following items to prove residency:
- Student Registration Form: Make additions/corrections to the information on the enclosed Student Registration Form or confirm that all information is accurate, sign and date. Bring this form when you come to school to prove residency.
- Verification of Residency: You must provide One (1) document from Category A and Three (3) documents from Category B.
Category A: One of the Following Original Documents
- Current real estate tax bill for your residence showing you as the taxpayer at address
- Current home closing documents
- Current mortgage statement
- Lease/rental contract with signatures, address and term of contract PLUS current paid rent receipt
- Housing letter (military)
Category B: Three of the Following Original Documents Showing Your Name, Address and Current Month or Year
- Driver’s License/State Identification Card/other picture identification card (current year)
- Bank statement (current month)
- Cable/internet bill (current month)
- Credit card statement (current month)
- Homeowners/rental insurance (current year)
- Utility bill (current month’s gas, electric, water, phone – can only use 1 for this category)
- Vehicle registration (current year)
- Voter registration (current year)
Note: Only original documents will be accepted. Registration CANNOT occur without original documents.
Exception: Printed copies of online bank and bill statements will be accepted.
- Registration Fees
Pay registration fees either on-line or during proof of residency.
Families who have children entering 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and/or 8th grade for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Make additions/corrections to the information on the enclosed Student Registration Form or confirm that all information is accurate, sign, date and return to your school office.
- Pay registration fees either on-line or in your school office.
Other Important Information for the 2017-2018 School Year
Medical/Dental Examinations: Information letters for parents and the required forms will be sent to parents via e-mail; forms are also posted on the website under the “Health Services” tab:
- Students Entering 2nd Grade: Proof of dental examination is required by May 15, 2018.
- Students Entering 6th Grade: Proof of physical examination and proof of required vaccinations for Illinois are required by October 15, 2017, to avoid student’s exclusion from school (form on website); proof of dental examination must also be submitted by May 15, 2018 (form on website).
- Authorization for Administration of Medication and Authorization for Asthma/Allergy Medication:
Completed forms are required for administration of any medication at school. Students who take allergy medications at school must complete BOTH the Authorization for Asthma/Allergy Medication form and the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) for food or other allergies. Please check with the nurse at school to ensure that you have all required forms for your child’s medication.
School Supplies: Lists are posted on the website at the “Registration and Supply List” tab.
Class Assignments (only for students who have paid fees and proved residency in District 113A): Class assignments for Grades K-5 and class assignments/schedules for students in Grades 6-8 will be available in August. Details will be distributed to families via e-mail and posted on the website during the summer.
Bus Assignments: Please check the transportation link on the district’s website over the summer for updates about bus transportation.
Meet and Greet Events: Details about the Meet and Greet activities that will take place prior to the first day of school will be distributed to families and posted on the website during the summer.
If you have any questions about the registration process or any of the information contained in this bulletin, please contact your child’s school.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!