Information About PARCC Assessments
This spring, Illinois schools will again administer assessments created through the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). These assessments replace the Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) that was administered in the past. The PARCC assessments are fully aligned to the K-12 Illinois Learning Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
All Illinois students in Grades 3 through 8 will take the PARCC assessments in both English language Arts and Mathematics. District 113A students will take the PARCC test online this spring. Students will take their grade level assessments on specific dates during our district’s testing window (March 22nd – May 4th). Details regarding the grade level testing schedule will be distributed by your child’s principal.
Additional information about the PARCC assessments, including resources for parents, students and teachers, can be found at the following websites:
- PARCC website: http://www.parcconline.org/
- ISBE Assessment website: http://www.isbe.state.il.us/assessment/parcc.htm
- PARCC Practice Tests and Sample Questions: http://parcc-assessment.org/assessments/practice-tests
The principals will send a more detailed outline of your child’s grade level testing schedule later this month. It is important to remember that we believe that the teaching and learning that takes place every day in our classrooms is the most valuable component of your child’s educational experience.
If you have any questions about the PARCC assessment, please contact your child’s principal. Thank you for your ongoing support of our schools.
- Letter to Parents from State Superintendent March 2016
- ISBE PARCC Primer Fact Sheet 2015
- ISBE PARCC Primer 10 Things To Know January
- ISBE PARCC Primer FAQ January 2015
- Parent Guide to New Assessment in Illinois from National PTA
- State Superintendent Letter to Parents March 2015
- State Science Assessment