REQUIREMENTS FOR VISITORS
Lemont-Bromberek Combined School District 113A
Procedures for All Visitors to Schools
General Procedures for School Day:
- Parents and other visitors must enter the school buildings at the front entrance only; all other doors will be locked during the school day.
- Upon entering the building, visitors will be asked to identify themselves to school office personnel either in a face to face situation (Central, River Valley, and Oakwood Schools) or through a video monitor (Old Quarry Middle School).
- If the office staff cannot readily identify the visitor, the visitor will be asked to provide a driver’s license or other picture identification card. Please do not be offended; you may be asked to show identification the first few times that you visit the school.
- When the identity of a visitor and the purpose for the visit has been established, the visitor will be admitted to the office area.
- If the visitor intends to go into any area of the school apart from the office, the visitor will sign a visitor’s record sheet and obtain a numbered visitor badge to wear during the visit. For the duration of the visit, the visitor will be required to leave his/her driver’s license with the office staff.
- The office staff will hold the driver’s license in a file until the visitor returns the visitor badge and exits the building from the main entrance.
- When parents or other visitors have larger items or a quantity of items to deliver, the procedures outlined above must still be followed. After checking in at the front office, a maintenance/custodial staff member will provide assistance with the delivery at a convenient entry location.
- The security policy will be followed even on special occasions like parties, plays, etc. (with reasonable modifications). Additional parent volunteers will provide assistance to the office staff on those days. Your patience will be appreciated as we process large numbers of visitors.
- Please help us to provide a more secure environment. The effectiveness of this system will diminish dramatically if anyone makes exceptions. For example, when you are visiting or volunteering in our schools, we ask that you do not prop open doors or open doors for other people who have not checked in at the front entrance.
Old Quarry Middle School Only:
- The academic wing of the school will be locked at 4:30 p.m. Custodial staff will not be able to provide access to that section of the building. However, several copies of the textbooks used in the academic program are available as references in the public libraries of Lemont, Downers Grove and Woodridge.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we implement our security system.
As always, please remember that you are welcome in our schools.
We are partners with you in making children our first priority.