District 113A Board of Education Policies
To read and search the policies of District 113 A please click on this link.
Should you have any questions regarding District 113 A policies or procedures, please contact the district superintendent.
HOW ARE POLICIES WRITTEN AND REVISED?
District 113 A subscribes to a policy update and advisory service for Illinois School Boards know as PRESS Policy Service. PRESS (Policy Reference Education Subscription Services) is a resource for school administrators, school boards, school attorneys, or anyone looking for well-reasoned sample policies and procedures plus the legal references and rationale supporting them.
PRESS has two components: a Policy Reference Manual now published online and the periodic updates and revisions to it. Updates are currently published both online and in a printed version.
District 113 A takes the suggestions from this service and designs its policies for the governance of the district. District 113 A also uses various legal resources and firms to help advise the board and administration on policy and procedural issues.
WHO ADVISES THE BOARD OF EDUCATION ON THE POLICIES?
Acknowledgement to the PRESS POLICY Advisory Board
Before each PRESS issue is published, a group of distinguished individuals gives input and suggestions.
We would like to thank those fine folks.
- Melinda Selbee, PRESS Editor
- Kimberly Small, Assistant PRESS Editor
- Heather K. Brickman, Attorney Hodges, Loizzi, Eisenhammer, Rodick & Kohn
- Marcy Dutton, Deputy Legal Counsel llinois State Board of Education
- Dr. Michael Kiser, Attorney Law Office of Michael L. Kiser, Esq.
- Mary Kay Klimesh, Attorney Seyfarth Shaw
- Dr. James Gay, Superintendent Community High School District230
- Dr. Kay M. Pangle, Regional Superintendent Iroquois-Kankakee Regional Office of Education
- Merry Rhoades, Attorney Tueth, Keeney, Cooper, Mohan & Jackstadt P.C.
- Brian Schwartz, Attorney Illinois Principals Association
- Sara Boucek, Attorney Associate Director/Legal Services/IASA
- Jane Eichman, Superintendent Rock Falls THSD 301
- Dennis St. Leger, Asst. Supt. Personnel & Support Community High School District218
- Members of the IASB Staff, especially Policy Consultants, Field Service Directors, and Targeting Achievement Through Governance Consultants